The Center for Faith and Enterprise was launched in 2009 by Rob Tribken (information on left panel) and a group of like minded California entrepreneurs who wanted to find better ways to help people in business and related fields connect their faith and their work. In today’s economic and social environment, we believe it is especially important to affirm the importance of work and enterprise from a religious or spiritual perspective and to recognize the ways that faith and spirituality can support and inform everyday work
In support of this the Center intends to:
- Help people in business and other professions see their work as an important calling that can promote human well being, with all this means for the sense of purpose, effectiveness, and fulfillment with which they work.
- Help people find ways for their faith and spirituality to support and inform their work, through programs such as Spiritual Practices for the Active Work Life, in order to help them work with a greater sense of purpose, fulfillment, and effectiveness.
- Provide programs and material that churches and other religious organizations can use to minister to the vocational aspects of people's lives.
In the near term, we focus on three main areas:
- Spiritual practics that can help people in their work, especially practices that combine prayer and meditation. We do this by conducting retreats and other events, by generating useful content (text, video,and audio), and by locating and referring people to worthwhile content produced by others.
- Helping people develop a sense of calling in their work. To do so,we make presentations and provide material on the topic that we hope will be useful to others.
- Helping people to confront and overcome the dark side of work -- stress, fear, anxiety, burnout, boredom, and other forms of pain. While we occasionally reference the published work of psychologists, we believe our primary contribuion has to do with connecting people with the rich resources of their faith and spirituality, including theological reflection, spirtiual practices, and community.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us at 626.355.8489 or email@example.com.